Who I Is

I'm just an old(er) Rugby player from Northern Iowa who has gained a great deal from the sport of Rugby, and like to share my love of this sport with family, friends, and other Ruggers. If you have some time, check out my links on the right side of this page. In the Flickr photo albums there are over 2,000 pics from past Rugby trips I've taken, and from my hometown team, River City Rugby. There's also some great videos on the YouTube link! If you want to learn more about Golden Oldies Rugby be sure to click on that link as well. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoy what I post here. I am on Facebook too, so look me up and add me if you'd like. Cheers!



FYI- These posts are from newest to oldest, so if you want to start at the first post, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Older Posts" , or use the links at the right side of the page to select dates.



Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Opera House and Harbour Bridge

Today we had the option included in our tour package to take a day trip out to the Hunter Valley wine country. My two roomies and myself decided to opt out and see some sites in Sydney we hadn't yet visited. This morning we caught a taxi to the Sydney Opera House to tour it. We paid $35.00 each and joined the 12:30 tour. I have to say I was very impressed by the history and details of this amazing building, as were my team mates. The tour took about an hour, and when completed, we stayed around for awhile getting some pictures.





Since we were down at The Rocks, we decided to walk over to the Sydney Harbour Bridge and at least go up in the Pylon. Well, I'm pretty sure we got in at least four miles of walking between the Opera House and the Bridge due to the fact that we were too smart to ask for directions. It was kinda breezy and cold as we walked on the pedestrian walkway to the pylon we could walk up. The long walk and numerous steps were well worth the effort as the views were amazing.







We arrived back at our hotel around 5:00 p.m. and hit the whirlpool again for a little while. Earlier in the week we had bought a Kangaroo roast at the grocery store and decided to have that for our evening meal. It was pretty good! The same day we bought the roast we had bought a case of beer. Since we will have little time over the next few days to empty the fridge we invited Clancy and Isaac up to help us get rid of the beer. Mission accomplished!

Friday is our last match day, followed by our team dinner in the evening. Saturday will be free during the day, with the closing dinner in the evening. So, much still to come in the next couple of days for us Dogs. Will update as often as I can!

No comments: