Who I Is

I'm just an old(er) Rugby player from Northern Iowa who has gained a great deal from the sport of Rugby, and like to share my love of this sport with family, friends, and other Ruggers. If you have some time, check out my links on the right side of this page. In the Flickr photo albums there are over 2,000 pics from past Rugby trips I've taken, and from my hometown team, River City Rugby. There's also some great videos on the YouTube link! If you want to learn more about Golden Oldies Rugby be sure to click on that link as well. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoy what I post here. I am on Facebook too, so look me up and add me if you'd like. Cheers!



FYI- These posts are from newest to oldest, so if you want to start at the first post, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Older Posts" , or use the links at the right side of the page to select dates.



Friday, September 17, 2010

Ya Never Leave With What Ya Brung

One of the great things about these festivals is "kit" trading. Each team has jerseys, polos, t-shirts, and various other items that they have made for each Festival. The Olde' Barking Dogs t-shirts were very popular at the Edinburgh Festival in 2008! Below you will see the front and back of those shirts.



You will also see after the last matches of the week a few people trading Festival jerseys. To date, I have traded both of mine for other team's at each Festival. In the photo below is Dan "McGroin" Holden on the left, an Olde' Barking Dogs Edinburgh team mate, and Marty "Slabbs" Rogers, who played for the Eastwood Charcoals of Sydney, Australia. They have traded jerseys with eachother.

Marty is another Festival participant I have kept in contact with since the 2008 Festival. He will actually be picking myself and my two room mates up at the airport in Sydney when we arrive next week after 20sum hours of air travel. That, my friends is what Golden Oldies Rugby is all about! Fun--Friendship--Fraternity.

No comments: