Who I Is

I'm just an old(er) Rugby player from Northern Iowa who has gained a great deal from the sport of Rugby, and like to share my love of this sport with family, friends, and other Ruggers. If you have some time, check out my links on the right side of this page. In the Flickr photo albums there are over 2,000 pics from past Rugby trips I've taken, and from my hometown team, River City Rugby. There's also some great videos on the YouTube link! If you want to learn more about Golden Oldies Rugby be sure to click on that link as well. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoy what I post here. I am on Facebook too, so look me up and add me if you'd like. Cheers!



FYI- These posts are from newest to oldest, so if you want to start at the first post, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Older Posts" , or use the links at the right side of the page to select dates.



Thursday, September 16, 2010

Things to Try In Australia

I found this posted on a Scotlnad Rugby team's website and decided to "borrow" it with a few changes made for the Dogs tour in Sydney. It will be interesting to see how many of these are attempted, or accomplished!

Things To Try in Sydney, Australia 
THINGS THAT ARE DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:

1. Innovative
2. Preliminary
3. Proliferation
4. Cinnamon

THINGS THAT ARE VERY DIFFICULT TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:

1. Specificity
2. Anti-constitutionalistically
3. Passive-aggressive disorder
4. Transubstantiate


THINGS THAT ARE DOWNRIGHT IMPOSSIBLE TO SAY WHEN DRUNK:

1. Thanks, but I don't want to see your tan lines.
2. Nope, no more booze for me!
3. No thanks, I don't want to visit the clothing optional beach.
4. Good evening, officers. Isn't it lovely out tonight?
5. Oh, I couldn't! No one wants to hear me sing karaoke.
6. I'm not interested in fighting you.
7. Thank you, but I won't make any attempt to dance, I have no coordination. I'd hate to look like a fool!
8. Where is the nearest toilet? I refuse to pee in this parking lot or on the side of the road.
9. I must be going to my Hotel now, as I have to play Rugby in the morning.
10. I can't buy a round, I have to save my money to buy my wife something from the trip here.

This was taken in 1992 the morning after a party where I probably attempted several of the above mentioned items. Remembering which ones I attempted are a different story. I like to think I'm older and wiser. We'll see in a week I guess! ( I no longer drink Tequila ...EVER!! )

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Haz - you've done a great job with the update. Maybe they will let me into Japan. Safe travels - With ya - Sheehy