Who I Is

I'm just an old(er) Rugby player from Northern Iowa who has gained a great deal from the sport of Rugby, and like to share my love of this sport with family, friends, and other Ruggers. If you have some time, check out my links on the right side of this page. In the Flickr photo albums there are over 2,000 pics from past Rugby trips I've taken, and from my hometown team, River City Rugby. There's also some great videos on the YouTube link! If you want to learn more about Golden Oldies Rugby be sure to click on that link as well. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoy what I post here. I am on Facebook too, so look me up and add me if you'd like. Cheers!



FYI- These posts are from newest to oldest, so if you want to start at the first post, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Older Posts" , or use the links at the right side of the page to select dates.



Thursday, October 21, 2010

Looking Back...

As I reflect on my recent journey Down Under for the Festival I can't help but smile. I am currently in the midst of downloading over 1,500 photos to our Club's Flickr page, and at times while going through them, I smirk, and even laugh occasionally when I look at them. While in Sydney it seemed like the days just flew by. While looking at the photos, I recall just how much myself and my team mates were able to do and see during our tour. It's actually kind of amazing when you stop and think about it.

The countless new friends we made, the apparel and pin trading, the three fun matches we played in, the beers we consumed! There's just soooo much to reflect back upon. This blog was my attempt to hopefully capture some of what we were able to experience for everyone who stops here to read it. There's no way I can accurately detail everything, but hope I've managed to get the main theme of one of these tours across. to everyone. They truly are about fun, fraternity, and friendship.

I occasionally check my blog stats and am quite surprised by the amount of visitors this blog continues to have. To date, there have been over 1,000 views Needless to say, I am flattered and pleased that what I have posted here has been viewed by so many people from all corners of the world. It really is quite humbling when I stop to think about it.

My main goal of this blog was to keep family and friends up to date on my travels while on tour. That was accomplished, and much more. I think I'll continue to post in the future not just about The Olde Barking Dogs and our travels, but about my Club team here in Iowa. I have been with River City Rugby since 1992, and trust me, I have lot's of memories and photos to share from those 18 years! We'll see which way this goes in the weeks and months ahead.

Once again, thanks for stopping by, and I'd love for people to leave some comments about what they think of this blog, and maybe where they are from and how they heard about it. My curiosity has been peaked on that front. Cheers everyone!

No comments: