Who I Is

I'm just an old(er) Rugby player from Northern Iowa who has gained a great deal from the sport of Rugby, and like to share my love of this sport with family, friends, and other Ruggers. If you have some time, check out my links on the right side of this page. In the Flickr photo albums there are over 2,000 pics from past Rugby trips I've taken, and from my hometown team, River City Rugby. There's also some great videos on the YouTube link! If you want to learn more about Golden Oldies Rugby be sure to click on that link as well. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoy what I post here. I am on Facebook too, so look me up and add me if you'd like. Cheers!



FYI- These posts are from newest to oldest, so if you want to start at the first post, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Older Posts" , or use the links at the right side of the page to select dates.



Wednesday, October 06, 2010

I'm Home!

Wow, what an amazing tour. I arrived back in my hometown of Mason City, Iowa with my team mate and roomie in Sydney, Al Hayward about 4:00 p.m. on Sunday after another lovely group of three flights. All together, we had about 18 hours in the air, but only traveled less than seven hours by the clock. Jet lag seriously kicked my hiney yesterday afternoon (Monday) at work, but I managed to get a couple of reports done and caught up somewhat on the pile of paperwork on my desk that awaited me.

These tours are have been quite the adventures for me. Since the first one in 2005, I have been lucky enough to meet so many great people that I now count as good friends from all corners of the world. I really don't think there is another sport of any type that can result in that.

In the next week or so I will go through the countless photos taken during my tour and get them set up into a collection on my team's Flickr page. When that project is complete I will post the link here for everyone. Here's a couple from the day of our last match on Friday:






Stop back by this week as I'll add some final thoughts on my tour, and also to get the link to the photo collection I'll be posting. Thanks again for taking this journey with me! I can't wait until the next one!!

No comments: