Who I Is

I'm just an old(er) Rugby player from Northern Iowa who has gained a great deal from the sport of Rugby, and like to share my love of this sport with family, friends, and other Ruggers. If you have some time, check out my links on the right side of this page. In the Flickr photo albums there are over 2,000 pics from past Rugby trips I've taken, and from my hometown team, River City Rugby. There's also some great videos on the YouTube link! If you want to learn more about Golden Oldies Rugby be sure to click on that link as well. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoy what I post here. I am on Facebook too, so look me up and add me if you'd like. Cheers!



FYI- These posts are from newest to oldest, so if you want to start at the first post, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Older Posts" , or use the links at the right side of the page to select dates.



Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Vintage Rugby Carnival Has Started!

Our Carnival kicked off yesterday, and it was a great time all around. The rest of our "Dogs" arrived through the morning and afternoon. We went to the park about a ten minute walk away where we will be playing our matches and gathering afterwards for socializing, trading, and meeting new and old friends.The number of participants is estimated at over 1,000, with about 40 teams entered. After a parade of teams march to the am-pi-theater we partied to live music, food and drink for three hours under tents next to the fields. It was a fun evening, and a great kick off for the week of Rugby ahead. The Olde Barking Dogs first match is at 12:15 p.m. today. We will also fill in for another team as they only have 9 players. They in turn will fill in for us as we have 12. I will attempt to post some match photos tomorrow, but looking at heading to Pearl harbor with some team mates, so can't make any promises. I am in Hawaii after all!!  Aloha!









No comments: