Who I Is

I'm just an old(er) Rugby player from Northern Iowa who has gained a great deal from the sport of Rugby, and like to share my love of this sport with family, friends, and other Ruggers. If you have some time, check out my links on the right side of this page. In the Flickr photo albums there are over 2,000 pics from past Rugby trips I've taken, and from my hometown team, River City Rugby. There's also some great videos on the YouTube link! If you want to learn more about Golden Oldies Rugby be sure to click on that link as well. Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoy what I post here. I am on Facebook too, so look me up and add me if you'd like. Cheers!



FYI- These posts are from newest to oldest, so if you want to start at the first post, scroll to the bottom of the page and click on "Older Posts" , or use the links at the right side of the page to select dates.



Saturday, August 28, 2010

Golden Oldies Rugby Pin/Badge Collecting

My Pin/Badge Vest

One aspect of Golden Oldies Rugby Festivals is pin or badge trading. Quite a few of the teams have these made to trade with other players from teams all over the world attending the Festvals. I was quickly addicted to this fun past time during my first Festival in San Diego in 2005. During that week I managed to trade for around 50 different ones. In Scotland in 2008 I added an additional 60 or so. To accommidate all of these I bought this vest to display them all on and had our team mascot embroidered on the back with a list of Festivals I have been to, or am about to go to (Sydney).  It will make trading much easier for me in Sydney as I will not have to worry about aquiring duplicate badges. I am setting a goal of 50 new ones for my upcoming Festival.


Back Of Vest

1 comment:

Tribolet said...

Hi Bill,
I collect everything as you of pin of rugby if you has it in double we let us can make exchanges.
For information I live in France and I possess more 8 000 pin.
In the pleasure to read you.
Olivier